Bible Thumpers?
I never really had a problem with them until recently when it seems that a particular Bible Thumper wants to thump me all the time -- at my new job.
I absolutely despise this person's holier than thou attitude. "...should do this, ...should do that." Screw that BS.
Judgmental freaks. Can't stand 'em.
I'm just trying to figure out how to handle this and stay on this gravy train job that I have. Let me tell you that I have a terrific job. Almost perfect in every way. Good pay. Very little work. Excellent benefits -- better benefits than any job I ever had. Company with staying power. Cons are that the commute is a bit tiresome and it leaves me with little free time in the evenings. The job is so easy it is totally boring. Completely boring. So boring that I, in fact had an out-of-body experience today. I'm not kidding. I totally zoned out. I don't know where I went, but when I returned to my body, I was electrified. Okay, cue the spooky music, but the job is really slow. The only work is trying to maintain your sanity while literally being bored enough to fall asleep standing up. Another con is that the owner slightly eccentric. I can deal with that, but the other employees (there are 6 of us at this location) perform completely stupid tasks that make no sense whatsoever to keep the owner happy. Or so they claim.
Maybe the owner is the way they claim -- demanding -- but I have seen absolutely no evidence of that. She's quirky, for sure. But I haven't seen her demand anything in the month I have been there. Shit, I'd love for something to be demanded of me. I might just be my true contrarian self and make a complete fuck up of something just to see what happens.
Oops!
I never really had a problem with them until recently when it seems that a particular Bible Thumper wants to thump me all the time -- at my new job.
I absolutely despise this person's holier than thou attitude. "...should do this, ...should do that." Screw that BS.
Judgmental freaks. Can't stand 'em.
I'm just trying to figure out how to handle this and stay on this gravy train job that I have. Let me tell you that I have a terrific job. Almost perfect in every way. Good pay. Very little work. Excellent benefits -- better benefits than any job I ever had. Company with staying power. Cons are that the commute is a bit tiresome and it leaves me with little free time in the evenings. The job is so easy it is totally boring. Completely boring. So boring that I, in fact had an out-of-body experience today. I'm not kidding. I totally zoned out. I don't know where I went, but when I returned to my body, I was electrified. Okay, cue the spooky music, but the job is really slow. The only work is trying to maintain your sanity while literally being bored enough to fall asleep standing up. Another con is that the owner slightly eccentric. I can deal with that, but the other employees (there are 6 of us at this location) perform completely stupid tasks that make no sense whatsoever to keep the owner happy. Or so they claim.
Maybe the owner is the way they claim -- demanding -- but I have seen absolutely no evidence of that. She's quirky, for sure. But I haven't seen her demand anything in the month I have been there. Shit, I'd love for something to be demanded of me. I might just be my true contrarian self and make a complete fuck up of something just to see what happens.
Oops!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home