Busy, busy, busy.
I was really busy today, so it's a great thing that I slept absolutely fantastically last night. Must have been the best sleep I have had in years. Went to sleep with no problems of insomnia that have plagued me since childhood. While I went to sleep late, which is normal for me, I slept really late, too. I have a confession, I never set an alarm clock when I don't have to be at work until noon or later. And today, I almost overslept. But it wasn't a big deal because I really wasn't even close to being late, I was just a little more hurried around the apartment after I got up.
I had to catch up on all of yesterday's paperwork today and finally about 10:00 P. M., I finished. No big problems with customers today -- everyone seemed pretty nice and all the associates seemed to be working. Almost all of them. There's always dear, sweet, s-l-o-w Nancy. If the woman went any slower, I think she would be going backwards through time. We are so short-handed, it's hard to pick-up her slack, but thankfully, I don't have to worry about that anymore.
Also, today we all received our bonus checks. Thank you, Lenox. A little extra moolah to make my vacation a little sweeter. Only one more day of work and then 9 days of bliss. Solitude.
Last vacation I cut my phone ringer off and stayed up all night and slept only in catnaps. It was wonderful. It was on about the 6th day that I realized that I hadn't said a word in 4 days. I was wondering if I could still talk. This vacation, I will actually be out doing stuff, so I guess I'll have to talk a little, but sometime I want to see how long I can go without saying a word.
I'm hoping that on the 4th, I can talk my good friend Charlotte into taking a road trip to the hometown with me. It's been a long time since I was there on the fourth of July and there is always a huge celebration. I don't really want to celebrate anything, I just want to go back and see what's going on -- maybe do a little spying on what my evil brother is up to. Maybe he won't even be there, but if he is, I know he wouldn't recognize me -- not at first. I'll keep you posted on how that works out.
For now, I'm heading off to sleep, so I can get tomorrow over with and start vacationing!
2 Comments:
thats good that you've had some good sleep cuz u def deserve it! :) i think work was good today, same as usual but good since i get to work with you again. haha.. nancy going back in time? she might go back even s.l.o.w.e.r. too bad she could go slow in jewelry. haha. with all that moolah from lenox, now u can have some spending money for your vacation! yay! heheh.. prob not enough but thats better than nothing! :) ttyl!
Everyone deserves sleep. But sleep eludes me tonight. When I work late, it always takes me a long time to wind down after I get home.
If only Nancy could go back in time.
Post a Comment
<< Home