My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

I'm forgetful. I'm old. I have a phobia about having my hair cut. I'm just plain weird. Better than being weird weird.

Thursday, June 30, 2005



What to say? What to say?

Oh mah gawd, it was just an awful day! I woke up with a headache and couldn't make it go away. Luckily, I didn't need to be work until noonish and sort of wallowed around on the sofa trying to make my head. stop. hurting.

Finally got it quelled a little bit and called my boss and said, let me be a little late, please? He's a good boss, unlike the pinheads in the big buildings far, far away. I was only a couple minutes late and my head did get better as the day wore on. I'm sure the darvocet and other pain relievers I should not have taken had something to do with that.

About 4:00 P. M. the intranet and other parts of our computer system went down and caused my day to come to a grinding halt. Techies (in the Great Lakes, of all places) said it would only 30 minutes before they were fixed. I was still getting that message at 9:45 P. M. when I left work. I should have stayed home. Except then I would not get paid. We have no sick pay at my store.

I'm not going there -- not tonight because I feel so much better and I want to think happy thoughts.

My vacation starts in two days. I'm going to spend my vacation getting to know my city and state a little better. Busman's holiday time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home