My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

I'm forgetful. I'm old. I have a phobia about having my hair cut. I'm just plain weird. Better than being weird weird.

Monday, June 27, 2005

I had better hurry if I want to still have an entry for Monday!

I got home from work in the early evening but I've been napping all evening because some fool woke me up at six A. M. How ridiculous is that? And no, he couldn't have been content to let the phone ring 4 or 5 times -- no, it rang at least 50 times. All for a freaking wrong number.

I knew it was a wrong number because my phone NEVER rings -- unless it is work calling to ask me how to do something. And it was too early for that to be happening. Everyone is dead already, so it could not have been any sort of emergency. It was too early for bill collectors to be calling and all my bills are paid anyway. So, I was going to just let the phone ring, but no, this guy just wouldn't give it up. If I had more phone calls or if anyone ever called me, I might get an answering machine, but since the phone rarely rings, I just don't see the need. I'm the last person in America without an answering machine. Or a cell phone.

It's not that I'm a gadgetphobe or anything, I just don't see the need for things for which I have no use. My life is a lot simpler now. And I like that. I did the cell phone thing, the pager thing, etc., all before it wasn't cool. There isn't anyone or anything in this world or any other world for that matter, that needs me that much!

So, that's why I napped. And now, I'm wide awake and I see by looking at the little clock that I've missed Monday's blog. Oh well. I'm sure no one else missed it. Or, I could just change the time on the blog -- who would know? No one, right?

I'm just a little miffed that I missed Greta van Scientologist on Fox News Network tonight. She has been doing a terrific job down in Aruba -- scoring some big hits and generally working hard. I noticed that she now has the number one cable news program. Yea! I'm glad someone finally dethroned that bag of wind, Bill O'Reilly.

I'm a news junkie. Not sure why that is but I find breaking news and the subsequent follow-ups to those breaking-news-that-is-no-longer-breaking stories to be compulsive viewing for me. For as long as I can remember I have been like this. But things have gotten more noticeable because now cable and satellite so invade our world and we have breaking news 24-hours a day.

I'm not as bad as I once was though. I actually videotaped the entire OJ thing. And I mean the entire thing. Everything from the chase on. All the news programs. The entire trial. Everything. I lived my life in eight hour increments so, I could always be home to change the videotape, if need be. Hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of videotapes. All for what? I'm not sure. I don't even have the tapes any longer. So sad. I think it's called OCD. Obesessive Compulsive Disorder, yep, that's it. Because about 6 months in to that little project, I realized that it was ridiculous, yet I couldn't stop.

Back then, I worked from home and I could easily arrange my schedule so that I could always catch the trial and any subsequent happenings. Now, that is not the case. I have a real job that requires me to actually go to work and I just get fidgety when I think I'm going to miss a breaking story. But I'm not as compulsive about it now.

Wow, I'm really rambling and I've barely mentioned what went on today. Not much. I spent the entire day at work sitting at my desk, catching up on computer work. It was my first day since my promotion that I was able to actually do the job that to which I was promoted. I didn't register any brides today, but there were still a multitude of problems to handle. And I handled them. So, that was good.

It's so nice to be able to sit down at work. I hope I never have to do the 8 hours of standing on my feet again. I might actually be able to buy real shoes again. Not that my shoes aren't real, they are very real -- real ugly.

Hey, but they are comfortable. Those are called Helle Comfort Shoes. I usually wear Arche, despite the fact they are made in France, but my Arche shoes are pretty sad looking. Not in an ugly way, though. They are just worn out.

Ok, that should be enough for today. You have my picture of the day, up there with the shoes. Let's click preview and see what this baby looks like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home