My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

I'm forgetful. I'm old. I have a phobia about having my hair cut. I'm just plain weird. Better than being weird weird.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Damn you Tommy Hilfiger! Damn you Ralph Lauren! Damn you both to hell!

Argh! I did laundry today. Which is not as easy as it once was because I don't have a washer and/or dryer at this apartment. It was time to do the comforter, sheets, mattress pad, blanket, etc. So, rather than using the machines in the laundry room, I packed up the stuff and headed to "The Spin Cycle" washateria.

A year or so ago, I spent way too much money on a some sheets from Tommy Hilfiger. I liked the color -- orange plaid -- and they were cheaper than the ones I really wanted from Ralph Lauren. These are the crappiest sheets I have ever had. They are 100% cotton, which I generally appreciate, but they must be ironed. While the packaging claims they are oversized, the top sheet is really to short on the sides to my liking. But those aren't the biggest problems, the damn sheets are about as soft as a piece of canvas. It doesn't matter what I use in the wash or in the dryer to soften them, they still come out like a wrinkled piece of canvas. I hate them. And now, they are falling apart.

Now, Mr. Lauren. A pair of pillowcases cost about $35.00 when not on sale. I got mine at 66% off, so while I got a good deal, one would expect first quality pillowcases to be sewn properly. There isn't a straight seam on either of the pair that I purchased. Making pillowcases can not be that difficult nor should they cost twice as much as a sheet. At least your 100% cotton sheets don't have to be ironed. They don't seem to be woven as tightly as Tommy's, but I like them better anyway.

While I'm not completely satisfied with these guys, I can't wait to sleep on my new, freshly-laundered sheets tonight! Don't you just love that feeling of getting between new, clean sheets? I love it.



Today was a day of many errands and it was hot, hot, hot in Houston. I don't particularly care for running errands but doing it when it is 90-something degrees outside, just makes one miserable. Just when the car gets sort of cool, it's time to stop and run in some store and gives the car time to heat up again.

First, I had to go to the bank and then to Office Depot and there were a few other places I needed to go, but when I got Office Depot, I realized I didn't have my debit card. No problem, I just wrote a check -- the last check in the checkbook. Sheesh. So, I had to come home and get the debit card. Then it was back out to Office Max and then to take my new office purchases to work. It's my day off and there I go into work. But there aren't enough hours in the day to do the things I have to do at my job, much less find time to get organized -- and boy, oh boy, do we need some organization at work! Then back home to round up the laundry for the washateria.

Ok, so I came home and made a wonderful dinner. Oven-fried chicken, green beans with mushrooms and brocoli-cheesy rice. And now it's time to enjoy some reality TV. I Want to be a Hilton, Fire Me, Please and 48 Hours. I'll watch Greta van Scientologist and then I'll go to bed with my new sheets.

Bliss.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home