I'll be the first to admit that my sleeping habits are erratic.
All my life my sleep pattern has seemed to be the opposite of what it needed to be. When I was much younger -- as a seven year, even -- I remember lying in bed at night unable to go to sleep. I'd stay awake long hours trying to make myself sleep by reciting the states in alphabetical order or thinking of all the baby names I could think of and sometimes that even worked. But often, I would find my self drumming out the William Tell Overture with my fingernails on the headboard.
I was always tired. Even now. I don't know that I've ever not been tired.
Since I haven't been working, my preferred sleep pattern has taken root. I stay up all night and sleep during the day. Or I try to sleep during the day. I still have pesky neighbors who like to knock on my door during their waking hours -- despite my requests that they not do so.
That is all.
All my life my sleep pattern has seemed to be the opposite of what it needed to be. When I was much younger -- as a seven year, even -- I remember lying in bed at night unable to go to sleep. I'd stay awake long hours trying to make myself sleep by reciting the states in alphabetical order or thinking of all the baby names I could think of and sometimes that even worked. But often, I would find my self drumming out the William Tell Overture with my fingernails on the headboard.
I was always tired. Even now. I don't know that I've ever not been tired.
Since I haven't been working, my preferred sleep pattern has taken root. I stay up all night and sleep during the day. Or I try to sleep during the day. I still have pesky neighbors who like to knock on my door during their waking hours -- despite my requests that they not do so.
That is all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home