I haven't been here in a while -- lots of depression going on in my life. I don't think I'm any less depressed at the moment but I just don't feel it because of the Zoloft my doctor prescribed.
I am terribly sad about my neighbors in Louisiana. What a great city New Orleans once was. A little naughty. A lot bawdy. And even more corrupt. But the most fun to be had there. It'll never be the same.
Houston, Texas and really the whole country -- if not the world -- have really stepped up the plate. I don't think this rescue/evacatuation was the boondoggle that some are leading us to believe. This was a very complicated event. One can not have ready supplies to close the strike area at the risk of having those supplies destroyed by the forward moving storm. I think the City of New Orleans could have done a better job of evacuating her citizens. That was probably the biggest mistake. Just looking at the press photo of hundreds of flooded school busses makes me wonder why they didn't think about using those. Oh wait, they did -- in 2001. That was the plan. But someone forgot to tell the city officials.
That's all I have to say now.
I am terribly sad about my neighbors in Louisiana. What a great city New Orleans once was. A little naughty. A lot bawdy. And even more corrupt. But the most fun to be had there. It'll never be the same.
Houston, Texas and really the whole country -- if not the world -- have really stepped up the plate. I don't think this rescue/evacatuation was the boondoggle that some are leading us to believe. This was a very complicated event. One can not have ready supplies to close the strike area at the risk of having those supplies destroyed by the forward moving storm. I think the City of New Orleans could have done a better job of evacuating her citizens. That was probably the biggest mistake. Just looking at the press photo of hundreds of flooded school busses makes me wonder why they didn't think about using those. Oh wait, they did -- in 2001. That was the plan. But someone forgot to tell the city officials.
That's all I have to say now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home