My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

I'm forgetful. I'm old. I have a phobia about having my hair cut. I'm just plain weird. Better than being weird weird.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

There is just so much running through my head today. Really tonight, because I slept most of the day. I don't know why I was so tired today, but I was. At one point, I had to go out and run errands and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. I was standing in line at the bank and thought to myself "I could go to sleep right now." I know my eyes were half-closed.

Anyway, after coming home and taking another nap, I woke up and thought I had a lot of things to type about on the blog. I'm still very upset over the bombings in London. It just reminds me that we really aren't safe. Sure, in my little apartment I'm probably OK, but going out in the world, one never knows when something might happen. I just don't know what motivates these extemists to do these awful acts. I don't know if understanding their motivation would help me to feel any better, but the acts just seem to be nothing more than fulfilling someone's desire to see destruction. In the US and the UK, anyway. Spain is another story. They just rolled over and let the terrorists win with their bombing of the trains last year.

And as I sit here feeling sad about that, I'm listening to the overnight feeds from Big Brother. What the hell is wrong with me? It is truly mindless entertainment. This is supposed to be "The Summer of Secrets" but the hamsters have already figured out the secret. The secret is that each hamster went into the house with a partner and they were each told they were the only one. The game is that if the hamster and his/her partner makes it to the end there is an added monetary reward. I'm thinking that it won't happen. Right now, I'm listening to James, the republican Loss Prevention Supervisor who told everyone he's a teacher whisper to his girlfriend, Sarah, a lingerie department manager. Sarah is saying how upset Ivette makes her. Ivette is a lesbian, but no one knows this and Sarah is jealous of her because she thinks Ivette has been paying too much attention to James.

Ivette talks more than any person I have ever seen. This girl has a big mouth! She doesn't like anyone especially Janelle and Ashlea, who are apartners. Either one of those two look like they could be drag queens.

This is a very touchy-feely cast and while I like to be touched these people give me the creeps. There's Michael, the artist who speaks 100s of languages and fancies himself a renaissance man (my interpretation), who is right at this moment rubbing Jennifer's head. Jennifer is on the bubble and hasn't seemed to really gel with anyone, including her partner April (Fellow Texans, I might add).

But the biggest controversy is about to blow-up and it involves Michaels house partner, Kayser. Kayser is a Muslim and he prays five times a day. Talk about timing. The show went to air on the day that the bombings happened in London. All the hamsters are oblivious to that bit of news because they've been in the house since July 1 or something. Anyway today one of the fish died and several of the hamsters were upset over this -- some actually shed tears. They shed freaking tears over a dead fish! If they had lived with this fish for years, I might be better able to understand the tears, but they've known the fish (as well as one can know a fish) for about a week! Well, April asked Kayser to pray for the fish. Kayser responded incredulously, "Fish don't have souls."

And that one little statement has got Kayser in the doghouse. Or that's what the hamsters want us to believe. Personally, I think they just don't like him because he is different. They are also upset because Kayser had the nerve to ask them not to fart in the kitchen when everyone is eating. Oh, and Ivette thinks that Kayser thinks women are inferior because when Big Brother asked the houseguest who wanted to go first in the veto competition, Kayser said he'd go first. Ivette's logic is that if he were a Christian he'd have let the woman go first. As a Christian Ivette should know that fish don't have souls.

So, why do I watch this crap? I don't know. Perhaps because I'm pathetic.

My vacation is almost over and tomorrow I will have to spend the day washing clothes. I took the time to sort them tonight, so it shouldn't be too difficult of a task because sorting is the hardest part. I think I have a doctor's appointment on Monday but I can't find the little card they gave me. I tried to call them on Friday but no one answered the phone. *sigh* This means I'll have to get up early Monday and head over to the doctor's office anyway. I know my appointment was early in the morning, so there won't be time to call them. The deal is if I don't show for an appointment, they charge me anyway. This just sucks.

Guess I had better get to bed, but I'll leave you with a few more pictures from my trek to Kemah.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home